EDF- Sizewell C – launch 5th Consultation
Deadline to respond 18th December
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the 5th consultation is on-line, with a virtual Exhibition and another 172 pages to plough through. You can also request a hard copy and a memory stick from email@example.com or Freephone 0800 197 6102 or access the documents here. https://www.edfenergy.com/energy/nuclear-new-build-projects/sizewell-c
You can view TASC’s response Here
EDF New Proposals so far.
- Increase in the frequency of freight train movements to facilitate bulk material imports by rail.
- Enhancement of the permanent beach landing facility and options for a new temporary beach landing facility to facilitate material imports by sea.
- Change SSSI crossing design to a single span bridge with embankments.
- Surface water removed early in the construction process to be discharged to the foreshore via a temporary outfall.
- Change to the sea defence to make the scheme more efficient and resilient to climate change.
- Greater flexibility as to where certain Sizewell B facilities are relocated to, potentially avoiding the need for car parking on Pillbox Field.
- Change to certain parameter heights and activities on the main development site to facilitate the construction process.
- Change to the location of the Water Resource Storage Area and the addition of flood mitigation measures to lower flood risk.
- Revisions to tree retention on the main development site. 9A new bridleway link between Aldhurst Farm and Kenton Hills.
- Extension of the Order Limits to provide for fen meadow habitat at Pakenham as further mitigation for fen meadow loss.
- Extension and reduction of the Order Limits for works on the main development site and related sites (fen meadow mitigation sites and marsh harrier improvement sites).
- Extension of landscaped bund and other minor changes at the Southern park and ride site, including a minor reduction of the Order Limits.
- Minor reductions to the Order Limits at the Northern park and ride site.
- Extension of the Order Limits for works on the Two Village Bypass, change to the public right of way around Walk Barn Farm and additional habitat mitigation proposals.
- Extension to and reduction of the Order Limits for works on the Sizewell Link Road.
- Minor reductions to the Order Limits for Yoxford Roundabout, the A12/B1119 junction at Saxmundham and the A1094/B1069 south of Knodishall.